Yes I agree, photos don't always do justice.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on June 25, 2001 at 15:22:19:

In Reply to: A Difference In Millers posted by Austin Powers on June 25, 2001 at 14:57:45:

My photos are a little blurry and the color is not exact. I tried to include something to judge color against (tape of Last Crusade).
Lee's hat has a crown height somewhere between the Miller & Peters Brothers. My Miller was also "Last Crusade" reddish. The Kepler hat is definitely a little darker than the PB. As far as the taper goes from the "side" angle, in photos of Raiders you can see a taper in the front. I semi shaped my hat and maybe I didn't get it exactly right. A good thing with Lee's hat is that it is easily shapeable. I do believe if you look at MK's site, you will see what I'm talking about in one of the profile shots. I think that Lee's hat is a good "base" if you will, for many different "Indy" styles. Regards

xxxxx

: Maybe the Indiana Miller you've seen was different than the one I own. Mine has *zero* taper in the crown, and it's darker in color than my "mink brown" PB. Your PB appears to be the same color as mine, and the Kepler hat seems similar as well.

: I love my Miller's color, although it could be a *tad* less reddish. Then again the reddish tint is PERFECT for the Venice docks hat. My Miller also has less taper "sideways" than the Kepler hat. If you compare the Kepler to your PB, the Kepler has more of an apparent taper when viewed from the side. Moreso, I think, than Indy's did.

: But pictures definitely can lie.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: