A couple of Wested Pics of Two Jackets

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from tmm-gw1.thmulti.com on June 26, 2001 at 08:56:03:

Similarities: Both jackets are improved versions dating from a couple of months ago with silver trim (zippers and D-rings). Both jackets have cotton bodies with nylon sleeves (This is now standard when you order the cotton lining at Wested).

Differences: "Jacket No. 1" on the left is the new pre-distressed hide in a standard TOD 42L. "Jacket No. 2" on the right is a modified TOD in 40R with a smaller collar, three inches off the waist and 1/4" off the shoulders (I wanted a snug fit on purpose). I sold the first jacket to my friend because it was way too big on me (even though I wear a 42R suit) and I did not like the mat looking texture of the pre-distressed hide. Luckily it fit him like a glove and he fell in love with the jacket. One of my earlier posts explains all this in detail. Another difference is in the actions pleats; on the modified jacket (No. 2), the action pleats are about 1.5" deep while on the standard jacket (No. 1) they are 2" deep. This may come from the fact that I had Wested taper the waist by three inches. Since they took a few inches off the waist, my guess is that they also made the pleats smaller to conpensate. Unfortunately the pleats hang open a bit on jacket No. 2.

Hope this works (its the first time I'm posting pics).

Two Indy's in front of the Cathedrale de Reims (Champagne region of France)

Two Indy's in front of Pope Urban II's statue (First pope to comission crusades in the middle ages)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]