Re: Looks Like an Archeological Expedition to Me (sorry about the spelling)...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from proxy.thmulti.com on June 26, 2001 at 13:36:50:

In Reply to: Looks Like an Archeological Expidition to Me... posted by India Jones on June 26, 2001 at 13:17:00:

: Thanks Patterson. This looks like a real wild goose chase (or an Indy adventure depending on how you look at it). Since I live in Europe, getting over to Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock cafe in the US may not be in the program (unless some of those jackets have been sighted in Europe). A French shop that has done some film work in the past, huh. Its scetchy but a start. Do you have any idea what city they were out of? I am assuming that they must have been close to where the movie was shot (part of TOD was shot in France right?). Peter told me that they probably didn't have enough jackets for some reason during the filming and they commissioned a local outfit to make a few on short order. Ford was never supposed to wear one of the "local" varieties but somehow it ended up in his wardrobe. So Patterson, any more info? A city location, anything at all?

:
: : The much touted but never identified French "company" was purported to be really just a small shop that had done film industry work here and there. I've been unsuccessful getting Noel Howard to identify them by name - I've not tried in about a year, I would guess. About all I've been able to get is confirmation from him that it was not Wested, and upon at least one occasion that was corroborated by Peter Botwright. That one has gone back and forth - read into that whatever you want.

: : I understand a few of the originals for ToD are still floating around between either Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock Cafe locations (seems to be kind of like Elvis sightings). Anyway, there seem to be real items out there, which some enterprising jacket fanatic could locate for at least summary examination?

: : Hope this helps!

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: