Patterson...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from tmm-gw1.thmulti.com on June 26, 2001 at 14:01:05:

In Reply to: Just to butt in as well... posted by Patterson on June 26, 2001 at 13:53:41:

Again, a matter of taste. I don't see a thicker skin draping as well even with the heavier weight (at least other hide jackets I own don't drape). I also think it depends on what you're using the jacket for. Thick hide does not fit the bill as a summer jacket IMHO. The lamb after all is more authentic to the movie. By the way, do you have any more information whatsoever on the "French" company that made the TOD jacket(I don't know if you've read my response below)? A city location, anything? This sounds like a worthwhile expedition if we all join forces.

Regards,
IJ

: I've seen the new finish in both sample and finished jacket. One thing to beware of with samples - you're likely getting a cutting from the edges that is for discard. These may very well tend to be the creased and heavily grained sections that are not desired for the finished jacket. They use the good stuff for the jacket itself. Also, on weight and drape, the new cowhide fits the bill better than the light weight lambskin - IMHO. I'd love to see one of the goatskin jackets I've heard he is making.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: