Not really

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on June 26, 2001 at 15:49:15:

In Reply to: As tenacious as you guys are... posted by India Jones on June 26, 2001 at 15:34:02:

Until those who know are ready to say, then it's sort of a deal where all one can do is wait until the time is right to ask again. The "players" in this may be afraid that some sales could be lost if the vendor is revealed and folks start going to them for jackets just to round out the "collection". It's a theory, but the only one that makes sense to me. Regards. Michaelson

: ...meaning some of the more die hard Indy gear fiends (and I mean that in the most positive, and most respectful way possible), I would think that someone has already gone on this quest for the holy grail of TOD jacketdom. Right? But it seems that this one is wide open. Its like going into a pyramid that hasn't been pillaged. Right?

: Regards,
: IJ

: : : : Well, word I have - once confirmed by Peter himself, as well as Noel Howard - was that nothing used in ToD was a Wested product. Seems Peter broke ranks and did some work on a Bond film without going through Bermans, and was sumarily "snubbed" when it came time to make ToD. When you look at the details of the jackets on screen, they're just not the same jacket you see in Raiders - collar shape, pocket shape, side strap configuration, pronged buckles vs. slides. In Peter's defense, I understand Ford hated that jacket, though, which may have opened the door when it came time for Last Crusade.

: : : : As far as specifics on the maker - I'd check with Noel Howard. He actually has an original ToD jacket he has allowed visitors to examine.

: : : : Hope this helps!

: : : : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: