Re: Strap buckle question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from on November 11, 1998 at 14:19:56:

In Reply to: Re: Strap buckle question posted by Michaelson on November 11, 1998 at 13:56:22:

: : Michaelson,
: : If you can find a local Tandy Leather store they have many different buckles in the store. The one I used was a belt buckle for there and I removed the prong and used it as a slide buckle. I think you can even get a catalog of their stuff. Also, some shoe repair guys carry them. Hope I helped. Because I am always always getting so much advice from you all the time I feel wierd giving you advice for once.
: : matt

: Thanks Matt! I believe the closest to me would be in Nashville, but I'm not sure. Here in "Country Musicland", if a belt buckle is smaller than a dinner plate, and isn't worn with a cowboy hat, they don't have a clue what you're looking for. Please don't feel weird, I'm just out here looking for stuff like everyone else. I appreciate your help. Regards. Michaelson

You should try sandal buckles instead of belt buckles. They are the right size and provide the same look, and they can be found at either a shoe repair store or Tandy's. As with regular belt buckles, you just have to remove the inside prong.

Hope this helps,


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:



Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]