Yep, we are having the opposite problem. TO much of the stuff. Try mold instead of rust here! (grins) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on June 27, 2001 at 13:49:01:

In Reply to: Rain? Let's see, rain.... Oh, that stuff I left behind in Seattle? I vaguely remember. I'm replacing my rust with a real tan in the deserts of S. California! (nm) posted by Patterson on June 26, 2001 at 17:28:19:

: : Like I said, I just wish someone had said it to me at times in the past. Please, build up your collection with duplicate items and use them as trading stock. I've done this for years. One for me, one for the collection. I've traded and given away many items over the past 20 years, and am happy to say that I've had fewer regrets and more satisfaction after rethinking some of my trades. That's the advice I'm offering here. Also, sew seed. What the heck does that mean? Once your collection starts to grow, if you see the opportunity to help a fellow fan obtain that first item for THEIR collection and they can't offer a trade in return, just send one of your duplicate items to them. You'll find that it will come back to you in spades. I'm here to tell you, I practice it, and it works. We're a community. When you see the opportunity and can spare the item, spread it around. What goes around, comes around. Just more random thoughts on a rainy day in Tennessee. High regards. Michaelson

: :
: : : I really appreciate your words of wisdom. There have been times where I have regretted getting rid of something as well. On the other hand, part of why I like collecting Indy gear is it is fun for me to get my hands on various gear. After a while I usually settle on what I like best and use that item almost exclusively. Of course, I just got my new hat and maybe I should wait to sell an other. The last two items on my list are rather expensive, the David Morgan whip and the BOIC spectacles. These decisions are tough. I truly appreciate your advice though. Regards

: : :
: : : xxxxxxxx

: : :
: : : : Don't rush this decision. If you're wanting to sell it to buy a DM, go for it. If you're just dropping it because you have one of Lee's now, I really would suggest you think hard about this. The PB is about as good as it gets in terms of a made to measure fedora. You never know when you can use a back up hat either. I know, and I own 7! I'd only suggest you consider selling if you know that at a later date you won't look back and say, "Man, why did I do that?" There have been several times I wish someone had said this to me in the past. Regards. Michaelson

: : : :
: : : : : Hey guys, I'm thinking about selling my PB. It's a size 7 & 1/2 with
: : : : : the white lining. It's in perfect condition and only 2 months old. I
: : : : : like the hat but I can't see myself wearing it very much now that I
: : : : : have the Kepler hat (plus those David Morgans aint getting any
: : : : : cheaper). I'm going to sleep on it and decide tommorow. If
: : : : : anyone is interested, name your price and let me know. It's the
: : : : : one in the photos below. Regards

: : : :
: : : : : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup: