Well, Mike....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix1-25.essex1.com on June 27, 2001 at 15:07:36:

In Reply to: Question about the books posted by mike on June 27, 2001 at 14:39:04:

I have read all the books and personally, I think you should just start at the first one and go on from there for awhile. The Peril at Delphi (No. 1) is a good book and a great introduction to Rob MacGregor's writing style. I think he captures the essense of the Indy films quite well and definitely is worth checking out. From there, go on to Dance of Giants (2), Seven Veils (3), and the Genesis Deluge (4)- the last two are my personal favorites. The other books the MacGregor wrote were subpar, dealing with rather unimportant artifacts and weak storylines. And the cover art is less than spectacular compared to Struzan's normal work. Avoid the Martin Caidan books at all costs- they were awful and clearly written by someone who knows alot about planes, but not alot about Indy (very inconsistent with the Indy character from the movies). The Max McCoy novels are actually pretty good as well, and I have nothing bad to say about any of them, but I would suggest the MacGregor books above first. Some people like McCoy's books better, and he certainly has a way of packing each novel full of adventure (if perhaps a little too much- Indy rarely gets time to rest in some of his novels) and making it hard to put down at the end of a chapter (cause you always have to find out what will happen next). Personally, I liked Dinosaur Eggs the best out of that, although the story doesn't quite fit with Indy so much as another real life hero of mine Roy Chapman Andrews (who you learn about in the back- a nice addition to all McCoy's books).

Hope this was helpful and feel free to ask any more questions which I hope I can help you on.

The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]