Actually...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from tmm-gw1.thmulti.com on June 28, 2001 at 05:24:32:

In Reply to: What is up with the Flightsuits zipper??? posted by Indy W. on June 27, 2001 at 21:08:16:

I think that this has less to do with the gauge of the zipper and more to do with a longer zipper has been forcefully sewn into a smaller available length. Zippers come in all lengths but if for intance FS uses two standard zipper lengths for all varieties of their jackets (this is hypothical just to make a point), then some jackets end up looking right (zipper laying flat) and some will end up with the zipper snaking depending on how the length of the jacket matches the length of the zipper. This is just a theory but could explain why some of you have had good results while others haven't. There might also be a slight effect due to the thickness of the skin but this is minor in my opinion. My Wested is lamb and has the finer nickel zipper (its actually too fine for my tastes) and it lays perfectly flat. This is why I think it has very little to do with the teeth or the skin thickness.
This is just my theory.

Regards,
IJ

: I'm sure this has probably come up before, but has anyone noticed a problem with the zipper on the Expedition. It seems to zig-zag instead of lying flat on some jackets - I have seen some Expeditions where the zipper is normal. Does anyone why this is or if it can be fixed? Thanks!

: Indy W.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]