Re: X never marks the spot!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thanks. I never noticed it when he's back down. I'll have to look closer. And I'm sure you meant Chiesa, right? (nm) from 141.11.234.62 on June 28, 2001 at 08:00:37:

In Reply to: X never marks the spot! posted by Fall Guy on June 28, 2001 at 06:45:35:

: The scene downstairs was filmed on location (Chisea Di San Barnaba, Venice). When Indy is up high and looks down at the floor he's on a set (Check out the faux bookcase behind him - it's pathetic.). He's also busting the floor on the set... Notice how the X changes its look. It looks different from top. Teh X is actually visible when Indy is back down from the stairs; it's just much less obvious.
: As for digital F/X, they have been around for longer than that! The Last Starfighter (around '85) used a lot of computer-generated images.
: CGI was used in LC as well. The Zeppelin was a digital matte, and Donovan's instant mummyfication was a digital composite. And there is something a bit fishy about those wanna-be Messerschmitt fighters (Swiss Pilatus), too.
: Am I rambling? Must be the early morning hours.
: FG
: PS: Here are two pictures of the interior of that church in Venice. I hope it's the correct church...
:
: :

: : I'm assuming some of you out there have caught this blooper in LC where Indy climbs up the stairs in the library, sees the big X (roman numeral 10) climbs back down and its not there anymore! What happened to it? Was it a digitally produced image? They didn't have those back then.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: