Indy's seen many things

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix1-29.essex1.com on June 28, 2001 at 15:54:53:

In Reply to: Belloq's, Herman's, and Toht's judgment. posted by Indiana Jun on June 28, 2001 at 14:34:27:

While it is true that Indy would have a hard time refuting the existence of a greater being after the spectacle that the opening of the ark caused, but given the many artifacts Indy has gone after in books, comics, and even that second film of his, I think Indy knows better than to believe in the exclusivity of merely the existence of a Christian deity. There are many out there, and I bet he gets a bit confused in his adventures to be able to affirm the belief of just one doctrine. I'm with Indy- there are too many varying systems of belief, with just as much evidence to support any one of them, that it is sometimes easier to step away from it entirely and not adhere to one. Instead, I think the best path is to just keep an open mind and not get brainwashed by overbearing zealots preaching for your membership with threats of eternal damnation or immortal rewards. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong- depends on how you look at it.

But when did lovable Herman die? That's news to me!

The Barkeep.

: Hello IndyFans!

: Is there anything out there telling/explaning what happened to them after being lifted up to the clouds? Anything in the novel or comic? Just wondering. I am Roman Catholic myself and for those of you who choose science over religon or just don't believe in God, that's fine with me. Don't worry, I am not going to be all over you of not believing. God will get you in the end. Take that in a positive way. I am not saying you are going to end up like Toht. Anyway... Just wanted to say that if Indy doesn't believe in God after the opening of the Ark... Whoa, he is one hard man to convince. Everyone have a good one!

: Best Regards,
: Indiana Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: