It's got your name stenciled on the inside.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on June 29, 2001 at 13:48:43:

In Reply to: Hey Rundquist - you didn't happen to buy that from Brody did you? posted by Patterson on June 29, 2001 at 13:00:02:

: : That I got one second hand (the deerskin). I was unprepared for how much I liked it. I really was not expecting to buy another jacket, at least not at the time. When I put it on, it felt like a second skin. It does have the snaking zipper (I don't care), as it is an early FS jacket. I never hear anything about the deerskin and wondered if I was the only one that liked it. You'll never hear me say anything bad against goatskin (I have had 3 G-1's in my life) but I liked this just as much. Somewhere down the line I am planning on getting another FS, but I haven't decided between the goat and the lamb. The goat that I saw was somewhere in-between the lamb and deer for weight. The deer was in-between the other two for softness. I know that goat wears like iron, but the deer seems to be real sturdy, especially for such a luxurious leather. I'm getting carried away here. The point of my post was that I wondered why I never hear about the deerskin. Does anyone else out there have one? Regards

: : xxxxxxxx

: : : Actually I had the deerskin first, then sent it back to have a goat skin made instead. The deerskin was VERY soft and well made, but the darn stuff kept "relaxing", and I had to have the sleeves shortened as they kept getting longer. The same with the lenth of the coat. I experienced the "snakey" zipper problem, but that didn't really bother all that much. I really liked the material otherwise, but really wanted the goatskin in the first place. At the time I ordered, he didn't have what we were after, but with the iron clad guarantee, Dave Marshall took my deerskin back and made me a chrome goatskin. I can't add anymore to the discussion than has already been said here. It's first class, well made, I opted for a brass zipper instead of the nickel plate this time and am very pleased. The temps went through the roof here since I got it, so I havent' really had the chance to give it a good "road test" yet, but hope to as soon as the weather cools down. Regards. Michaelson

: : :
: : : : Would you care to talk about their differences and which you like
: : : : better. Also to those interested, I've decided to hold off on the
: : : : different jacket pics until this weekend when I can shoot them in the
: : : : day under natural light. Regards

: : : : xxxx

: If it is a 48 made to measure, then it is my old deerskin. Very nice jacket - you'll find you can wear that when it's in the mid-upper 70's as well as when it dip into the teens. I was really tempted to keep that one, but it had about 4 extra inches around the middle.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

xxxxxxxxxx

Unless you've got a fan club (I wouldn't doubt it) this is your old jacket. I emailed you about it sometime back using your Indy gear address since for some reason I couldn't find your regular address. I guess you never got it. I just wanted to thank you for your efforts. I have found that it is very hard to express your opinion on a product without inadvertently putting down another product. If someone happens to like that product, unfortunately it can be taken for a personal insult. I personally love that there is so much choice. The biggest problem with that is that you can't walk into the "Indy Gear" store and pick up and examine the different gear. Pictures can lie, and you can't really grasp the essence of a product without picking it up or trying it on. You throw in peoples opinions on a piece of gear and you've got a never ending debate. These decisions are hard to make, especially when this gear aint so cheap. Just thought I'd try to explain a bit to non gear-heads why there is so many postings about gear on the board. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxx

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]