Re: My PB vs. Miller

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on June 29, 2001 at 20:56:40:

In Reply to: My PB vs. Miller posted by Austin Powers on June 29, 2001 at 18:30:37:

Looks like you got lucky with that Miller. You are right, I don't see any taper. I wonder how many debates have gone in the past over the same articles with different specs or features. Go figure. The Miller is still a nice hat (if not the most accurate Indy hat) even with the taper.
Regards

xxxxxxxx

:
: After hearing a couple fans' complaints about their Indiana Millers having blatantly tapered crowns, I figgered I oughta slap a few pictures up here of MY Miller, which has zero taper. According to Michaelson, his is similar to mine, in that we both think they're great hats. I feel mine achieved the 'Raiders' look quite effectively, though I agree with Michaelson that the Millers make *perfect* 'Crusade' Venice Pier replicas, as the slightly reddish tint is dead-on with what we see on screen at that point.

: Anyway, here're a few pictures of my Indiana Miller, side-by-side with my PB Indy Custom. My Miller has a crown height of roughly 4¾" at the front pinch, whereas my PB is an eigth of an inch taller. I tried to portray the hats correctly, colorwise, but the flash tends to wash out their "in-the-flesh" colors, particularly the PB's.
:
:
: (The Miller is on the right in each picture)

:
:

:

:
:

:
:

:
:

:
:

: Peace,