Indy trousers- The Quest Continues

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter Botwright from p49-martin-gui.tch.virgin.net on November 12, 1998 at 11:49:34:

To explain the problem I must give a little history lesson.
When the Indy films were made the main costumiers were a company called Bermans & Nathan to whom we supplied the Raiders Jackets.
Bermans & Nathan were bought out and eventaully sold to Angels a rival and became Angels & Berman as it is now.
Some of the existing production staff including those involved in the Indy films left and formed a company called MBA( Monty Berman Associates) backed by Mr Monty Berman, the defunct owner of Bermans & Nathan.and for whom we also make costumes.
Now I have permission to make the trousers from Angels & Berman but the original design and patterns cannot be found. Hence I went to MBA to speak to Mr Noel Howard the MD with whom I worked on the film.
I asked him for his help with tracing Indy trouser details and was told that he had the original designs and patterns and was selling the trousers.
I filled him in on the Indy Fan webb of which he had no knowledge and asked about prices. He told me that he wanted 155 pounds or about $275 for them which I found to be expensive. He justified his price because of being custom made but then so are my leather jackets.
Anyway I am now a lot closer and I have the details of the original supplier of the Corduroy Material and will soon hopefully crack the Nut!
Incidentaly the costumes we make for MBA have been the period costumes in the Les Miserables worldwide, and the Black/Chrome Leather Biker jackets in the show Grease a real posers jacket.
Thats all for now folks hope I've not bored you.
Cheers
Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: