I hear you.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from cdm-60-159-sana.cox-internet.com on June 30, 2001 at 17:27:43:

In Reply to: Watching Indy with other fans is a terrible experience. posted by Timmy The Tulip on June 30, 2001 at 16:13:20:

From a personal interjection, my vote for worst film that I had ever seen has got to be "Three Kings;" hands down. Maybe it isn't TOO awful a movie, and I may find the will to watch it again someday, but as you pointed out--The audience ruined it for me.
The film opened with an Iraqi soldier attempting to surrender (as best as I remember), only to be shot and killed by an American GI. The audience chuckled at that, and all I could do was look over my shoulder at wonder at what their problem was.
Later, an innocent woman is held at gunpoint and gets her head blown clean off, and her daughter cried over the body a second later, at which point the roars of laughter drowned out the movie.
I got out of my seat, I still don't know why--I suppose that I wanted to have the throat of the person who was laughing the hardest in my hands, and was physically restrained by three of my teammates and a wife of one of the guys.
I guess I wanted to go and snap their neck like a pencil to see if the audience would laugh at that, too.
I would have walked out, but I was carpooling with them.
We left after the blessed credits began, and the entire trip home, I was bitterly asking myself as to what the heck kind of people I was serving here?
Anyway, that's my personal whatever-it-is.
Since then, I've only gone to matinees on the rare occasion that I catch a film, as you've wisely dicovered for yourself.
Sometimes, I've laughed at some of the audience wisecracks. The guy who repeated Obi-Wan after he duped the troopers in Mos Eisley by saying "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded."
Or when Luke lost his hand to Vader and screamed, another wiseguy screamed "NO! Now how am I gonna (you know)." Someone in the back row then shouted "Use the Force!" "Oh yeah!"
Sorry, I'm rambling. Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]