This is true.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flash Fearless from pm4-33.syv.silcom.com on June 30, 2001 at 19:21:04:

In Reply to: That's it, I've had it with Critics. (Return to a post I put on here a long time ago.) posted by Indy Coil on June 30, 2001 at 18:55:38:

I never listen to movie critics either (or wanna be's) . And I thought TR was worth the price of admission , although it was not great . Flash .

: Don't EVER, ever ever ever ever EVER, listen to critics. They get paid to write a total bs opinion about movies that are intended to move audiences in a specific way (visually, intellectually, thrillingly). THey ignore the fun factor and give it a bad review because it didn't have a plot close to The English Patient or something similar. In fact, I bet they don't even watch the movie anymore, they just give it a bad review. Hell, I saw Tomb Raider (sorry to bring this back up), and I liked it. No, it didn't have a solid plot or mind blowing effects, it stayed true to the Game. Yes, it was EXACTLY like the game. And I admired that(that, and the side boob shot when she was getting out of the shower. After all, I'm a 16 year old guy.). But, the critics slammed that movie like it was the dumbest thing to the big screen. It was HARDLY the worst thing to hit the silver screen, may I refer you to John Voight's movie: Anaconda. Critics give lame reviews and people follow them. That's what's wrong with movie goer's today, they are biased morons who give bad reviews to fun movies. They go and see the movie, and recall the critics opinion, and don't form their own opinion. The reviewer for Rolling Stone gave A.I. such a retarded review, I threw the magazine down and flipped it off. It was so damn confusing! I couldn't tell if he was bashing it or if he liked it! He had the gall to put Spielberg down for putting his own elements into such a dark movie(when David is getting advice from a teddy bear, and the score by John Williams). I laughed at that. Yes, I realize that A.I. was supposedly supposed to be a Stanley Kubrick film, but do to his unfortunate death, he couldn't make it. Spielberg caught wind of Kubrick's plans for this film and put it to action. So, naturally he is allowed to put some of his own elements into this film, and still keep in it context of Kubrick's style, which, so I hear, he did. I present to you this example from the article: "Whether audiences are pleased or vexed, very vexed, by A.I., any movie buff worth his salt will want to sift through this fascinating wreck of a movie to figure out what led two of the most distinguished names in world cinema to tell the story of a boy who just wants his his mommy." WTF? That's the closing sentence of the review, and that just tells it all right there: This guy is a complete moron and a waste of time. I hope they fire him. Come on fellow Indy Fans, let's start a revolt against the much too powerful film critics and take back the power of the people! Maybe Lucas and Spielberg will be inspired enough by us, to make Indy 4!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]