"Eyes Wide Shut" was actually a critical disappointment.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Big Red from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on June 30, 2001 at 23:13:21:

In Reply to: Re: Hmm... posted by Danno on June 30, 2001 at 20:23:52:

And there's nothing wrong with liking a movie that is "artistic". Just because some independent films ruin your purity of "fine entertainment" like "Gone in Sixty Seconds", "Driven", "Swordfish", etc. I enjoy art and entertainment, and movies are a chance to combine them both.

: AI is getting GOOD reviews as well.

: Where at? Every critic around here, and nationally that I have seen has pretty much bashed the movie.

: I agree with you all, critics pretty much suck. Seems as if every movie I really like they absolutly hate. Maybe they need to come on out of thier "artsy fartsy eggshell" and see what the American public wants and likes, just plain entertainment.

: For that matter, if I remember right didnt these critics like "Eyes Wide Shut." Dont know about you all, but that has to be one of the absolute worst movies I have ever seen.

: I'm not bashing all movie critics, but do think most of them are really out of touch with the public, well maybe not the public, but with me for sure.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]