Re: Anyone make any progress on a good shirt?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alexander Korycinski from spider-wj023.proxy.aol.com on November 12, 1998 at 15:27:05:

In Reply to: Anyone make any progress on a good shirt? posted by IJFan on November 12, 1998 at 14:48:34:

As a matter of fact, I was out shopping for the wife's fall wardrobe last month. She found nothing and I walked away a very, very happy man. The store was Burlington Coat Factory (I live in south/central PA) and they had the closest shirts I've ever seen to to ones Indy wore. Tag inside just gives the manufacture's name as "Overdrive". Made in Napal. Nice 100% cotton, soft and supple canvas weave, long sleeved, and the necessary shoulder epelets. $16. They were on clearance and available in 3 colours. Regular kaki, military green, and, the "sand" colour Indy wore in Temple of Doom. I have the sword-on-the-shoulder, standing-on-the-rope-bridge poster hanging in my study and the colours are an exact match. The only thing detracting from it being an exact replica is that Indy's shirt has that extra seam of stitching that starts in at the pocket, about 2-3 inches wide, and continues all the way down to the bottom of the shirt. The ones I bought only have this feature on the pocket, it doesn't continue outside the pocket.

But aside from that, it's the shirt, and I got em! Anyone with a Burlington Coat Factory in the neighborhood should pop in and see if they have them in stock.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]