Re: Think BIg

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 1Cust55.tnt2.sherman-oaks.ca.da.uu.net on July 01, 2001 at 21:32:55:

In Reply to: Think BIg posted by Indy Andrew Jones on July 01, 2001 at 20:37:09:

I don't think Indy fans compare to Star Trek. Trek had a lot of merchandising in place before the first ST con. Even the first James Bond con (which I attended) was VERY small and they had the Bond cars on display and other props from the movies.

I agree that the theme needs to be broader. I am thinking it should be an "Adventure Con". That would include a number of cool movies and TV shows.

In order to make ANY show work you need to have enough exhibitors to pay for the show. Then your risk capital is covered. Your ticket revenue is your profit. but before risking thousands of dollars on a facility, multimedia, security, etc, you better make sure you have your ducks in a row.

Who is going to exhibit at this show? US Wings, Wested, Flight Suits, Peter Bros? They will have to spend thousands not counting the charge for exhibit space.

You have to convince them they will be able to sell enough product to cover expenses.

I hope I am not raining on anyones parade. I want to see this happen as bad as anybody.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]