It was the first "popcorn" movie I've seen this year with any kind of story at all.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 02, 2001 at 14:05:53:

In Reply to: Anyone Seen A.I. Yet? posted by James on June 30, 2001 at 01:36:38:

I don't know how the general audience is going to react to the movie (and I don't care), but I applaud Spielberg for getting this done. I haven't seen a good science fiction movie in a long time. Just as a side note, I think that the character in the hat had more to do with an Australian plainsman than anything Indiana Jones. Regards

xxxxxxx

: Since it's early, I won't start any spoiler threads, but I will say this- this is the first "can't lose" film of the year for Indyfans.
:
: Why?

: Well, if it's a hit, maybe Steve can get some leverage with Paramount and push Indy 4 into production.

: Then again, if it's a flop, he probably won't jump into a controversial film about Lincoln or any book adaptations. No, what he'll need to do is find something that will be a big blockbuster in order to set up those projects...

: I'm not sure how well it will perform in a season where fast-paced films like Tomb Raider, Fast and the Furious, and Mummy Returns are box office gold, but it's definitely worth checking out.

: PS. For those that have already seen it- there's a character halfway-through wearing a brown hat for most of his scenes. Did you also get the sense that that was just Spielberg thumbing his nose at me?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]