I'll say it one more time: Line the inside of your whip holders with a piece of bicycle inner tube for traction (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wo033.proxy.aol.com on July 02, 2001 at 22:34:49:

In Reply to: My Kepler Goods posted by Austin Powers on July 02, 2001 at 14:12:07:

: Just got my Kepler 'ToD' strap and whip holder a few days ago, thought I'd post my thoughts about 'em.

: First off, the strap is much better right outta the box than my Noel Howard was. It actually LOOKS like a strap Indy would wear, without a ton of Pecards applications or distressing. The buckle looks WAY better than Noel's, yet it's still not 100% accurate. I'm pretty confident that Indy's buckle was flat, meaning is wasn't "tubular" like Lee's buckle is. Noel's is actually more accurate in that sense, it's just too thick and clunky. Also, I'm a firm beliver that Indy's buckle was bent, with the middle(center bar area) sticking farther back than the front of the buckle. This is VERY evident in 'Crusade' pictures. The leather used on the strap looks pretty nice as well, and the underside is just about as dark as the tanned side. I like the "Chicago Screws" that Lee uses, as long as they don't come loose. All in all the strap's pretty good, much better than Noel's, and very Indyesque in appearance. One thing that I'm not too fond of is the heavy odor of shoe-polish that accompanies the strap and the slight greasy feel that was left behind from the polish/leather dressing.

: The whip holder looks cool, and the snap is pretty clever. There's a small hook deal inside the snap that allows the holder to be opened from above but not from below, so the whip shouldn't be able to work the snap open. I hung my 8ft Mark Allen in the holder, but like with my Noel Howard holder it slides out when walking. Maybe it's because my whip's not totally broken-in yet, but I doubt I'll ever be able to wear the whip the way Indy did, without the handle sliding down to ground level.

: Peace,
: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: