Now there is dedication! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 1Cust94.tnt2.sherman-oaks.ca.da.uu.net on July 02, 2001 at 23:08:29:

In Reply to: Shake-down of my Keppler bag strap at Disneyland... posted by Patterson on July 02, 2001 at 22:36:14:

: It was hot and just plain nasty-humid on Sunday. We were looking at 100+ degrees in the Santa Clarita Valley, and figured we'd take the day and go to Anaheim, where it was supposed to be only in the upper 80's. I brought by Mk VII and my new Keppler bag strap - loading it with the camera, the kid's autograph books, and a bottle of water. I was my best Indy-like shirt, my bag, and my PB, and my boots, so I was making a pretty good show of it - other than a favorite pair of jeans. Anyway, the strap held up well under the heat and moisture - no small thing because I worked up a very good sweat chasing the kids around. I am happy to report that there was absolutely no bleeding or discoloration of the strap.

: As an aside? Well, you might think I was making a bit of a spectacle of myself, but the attire was completely functional. We were waiting to get the pictures of the kids taken with some characters from Atlantis, and the "handler" there made a big deal of the whole thing, that really was a lot of fun. "Hey, Milo [the MJ Fox character] Indiana Jones is here, AND HE'S GOT KIDS!" Sure, I'm a geek. My wife is getting A LOT of mileage from that one. But just when she thought she was married to a crazy man, I spotted another fan WEARING A JACKET IN 85-DEGREE WEATHER! Wish I could have caught up with him to see if he was one of you folks.

: Another fun day at the happiest place on earth.

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]