Re: Okay heres my follow up to Mr. Film Teacher

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent from dial175.insolwwb.net on July 03, 2001 at 02:47:40:

In Reply to: Okay heres my follow up to Mr. Film Teacher posted by Dath_Indy on July 03, 2001 at 02:11:33:

: "It is not the same crap hollywood turns out and does not fit easily into any preconceived molds. Take if from someone who teaches film. It is worth seeing. Any sortcomings are probably due to the fact that it was one man's (spielberg)creation of another man's vision (kubrick)

: : As for the death of Spielberg's moviemaking skills all we need to do is look at his last 5 movies, 4 of which were nothing short of phenomenal: Priv. Ryan, Amistad, Schindlers's List, Jurassic Park."

: Darth Indy here to followup: No Spielburg didnt die after Making hook but this movie was watered down compared to his other recent movies just like the fairy tale crap that was HOOK. Maybe he should stick with the Nazis and scary animals like sharks and dinosaurs hmm. Plus mr. I teach film so I know what im talking about. Read my ending in my last message and if uve seen the film tell me which is better? Its much more believable than the crap that movie ended with. People left 10 minutes before the film ended they said the near end sucked so bad. I mean really that clone only living one day plus the other crap i mean if your on LSD it would make you happy. If your talking about symbolic properties it could have been at least longer for the clone to live like a week and a half i mean what is she a MayFly living only 24 hours? and by the way i want to be in film someday to right the wrongs of sucky movie endings. Darth Indy

From what I can tell (and it is hard to understand you guys) you both seem to have some big ego's going on. "My ending is better than the ending of a multimillionaire who owns the movie industry and has had over thirty years experience!!!"
Yeah, yeah I'm a total ass; BUT we all have our own personal opinions, and other people should be at peace with that. I personally, am tired of all these "I'm right and your wrong"'s going around the forum lately. Personally I thought your ending sounded childish. (but that's just me) I liked A.I. and thought it was one hell of a fun ride... too bad my favorite character was a man-whore :-P! Also, your little point about Spielberg needing to stick to Nazi's and Dinos? Need I mention ET which was absolutely brilliant?
All these are just my personal opinions (most of it I was only joking... yeah, yeah I have a warped humor.) I'm sure my post will spark several flames which is not my intention but I know the kind of people that hang out here *cough*sir richard*cough*! :-P
And HEY!! I liked Hook, Julia Roberts (the #8 in my top ten hottie list), Dustin Hoffman (one kick ass man.), Robin Williams (need I say more- the ultimate funnyman), the detective from Roger Rabbit... and whoever else was in it... :-P I like fantasy's--so sue me!

What did you mean "and by the way i want to be in film someday to right the wrongs of sucky movie endings."
Guhbuh?
So, are you trying to say your going to become some film god highly respected by everyone in the industry, so you complete your devius acts of correcting all of hollywoods mistakes? Hah! Good luck...
Kent

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]