Go with the Wested new hide (cow).

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 03, 2001 at 14:30:42:

In Reply to: A Poll for the Gear Junkies concerning Jackets posted by Marhala Bartender on July 03, 2001 at 14:02:27:

I've owned both the lamb and the hide and without a doubt the hide is more durable. It has a nice finish, and is a nice jacket in general. I was planning on posting some pics, but I didn't get the chance last weekend. I'll try on the 4th and try to have them on Thursday. Regards

xxxxx

: Hey All,

: This isn't so much a poll as it is a chance for me to read up a little on jackets from the fans before I commit myself to purchasing one. All in all, I want to stick with Wested when I purchase a jacket (I am a stickler for details and authenticity sometimes) and I have to go with the Raiders model.

: What my question is- to all of those who own or have owned a Wested, or other brand, Indy jacket- which is your favorite? Material wise and model? I have been hearing about a cowhide Wested and was wondering how this compares to the lambskin in terms of wear and tear and appearance. Also, would it be wiser to have it pre-distressed or not? I do plan on wearing the jacket for several years, giving it plenty of wear and tear, so I want one that will last.

: Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

: Thanks!
: The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: