Unfortunately "totally authentic" is a myth.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on July 03, 2001 at 16:45:47:

In Reply to: I take it you don't like Wested posted by Marhala Bartender on July 03, 2001 at 16:19:58:

The jackets in the films were all different from movie to movie and even scene to scene. I don't know why people get upset when discussing "authenticity". Everyone sees different details. The big three (Wested, Flight Suits, US Wings) all sell jackets with different features and cuts. What matters is what you want. Take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt and study the photos and make a decision yourself. The roughest part is that you can't try them on and examine them yourself. There's no substitute for seeing them in the flesh. Regards

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

: Hey pal, I was just going by what Indygear says- namely that Wested was the company that provided the jackets for the films and has the certificate of authenticity to prove it. I would have to say that in terms of authenticity, they would be the highest rated in that category therefore, but perhaps it's all that propaganda and mythology I've been hearing that's warped my thinking.

: : What does sticking with Wested have to do with being a stickler for details and authenticity? There is absolutely nothing authentic about a Wested. It's a myth. The jackets they are selling have no more claim to authenticity then any of the others out on the market. They aren't based on any original patterns. People seem to like them though and they are very reasonably priced.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]