As an addendum - PLEASE READ...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 03, 2001 at 16:55:36:

In Reply to: The Indygear FAQ is in dire need of updating, and that is my fault... posted by Patterson on July 03, 2001 at 16:27:29:

Personally I believe the Flight Suits Expedition is the most faithful rendition of the original Raiders jacket. I base this on personal observation and a lot of research.

In my opinion, the current revised Wested offering is quite good - only missing some finer points that may only matter to this and a few other gear-heads like myself. It has returned to a very faithful rendition of the original, which I personally applaud.

We can talk about the existence of original patterns, quality of materials, etc – but I have learned one thing over the last 12 months; there are too many gradations of too many subjective issues and variable involved to say any one choice is the "best".

I've recently began diving into the history of the A2 jacket, and have learned that "we are not alone", i.e. they argue like cats and dogs over the authenticity of this pattern, this cut of the cargo flap pocket, this method of applying pigment. GEEEEZZZZ! I, for one, am choosing not to throw shit over this stuff anymore...

The history of the jacket most assuredly has been a hornet's nest for me this last year. While it has resulted in my making some valued friendships, it has also resulted in almost total estrangement to others who I had enjoyed conversing with - most notably Peter Botwright.

Buy the jacket you want and enjoy it - that's what this should be about.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: