I don't think so...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kab4.xyplex.com on July 03, 2001 at 19:15:44:

In Reply to: Smoke Screen. posted by AM on July 03, 2001 at 11:57:38:

It's not that they couldn't find anyone to write a script. They could. The question is, is there anyone with an idea out there that S, L & F are willing to pay to acquire? I doubt it, mainly because as great as Indy is, there's not much room to expand the franchise without becoming cheesy. I'd rather Indy IV not be made than have it come out like Crocodile Dundee in LA. Wouldn't you? I don't think it's a smokescreen. I think the real smokescreen was when Lucas said they had a script. I think it was his way of teasing the public to get a feel for how much interest there was in the subject in the general public. My guess is that it was lukewarm. Everyone (generally) likes the Indy movies, but it's been removed from the public Conscience for over a decade. Star Wars was too, but Star Wars always had been envisioned as a longer story, and the public knew it. They've been waiting for the prequels for all that time. There is no such pre-planned story for Indy. Quite frankly Indy never had the large passionate, and above all VOCAL fanbase of Star Wars to keep it going. We're out there. This board proves it. I'm one of ya, I've been here a long time. But we are vastly outnumbered by the followers of the force. (Personally, I never liked Star Wars, but that's not pertinent to this discussion)

Everyone wants it, but everyone also wants it to be as good as the original three, and that's the sticky point.

Riding off into the sunset isn't a bad way for Indy to go.

BK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]