Re: Off topic, but I would like to hear the opinions of the group..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tk052.proxy.aol.com on July 04, 2001 at 02:40:31:

In Reply to: Off topic, but I would like to hear the opinions of the group.. posted by Indy Coil on July 04, 2001 at 01:36:54:

The first two 'Jurrasic Park' films are among my favorite of all time. Hell, I watch them more often than I watch Indy! I see no problem with bringing back Grant. Well, one. It worked for Ian Malcolm. The ploy for getting him to Site B was very believable, and there in lies the problem; redundancy. But since we don't know yet how Grant is pursuaded back, speculation is a mute point. Personally I'm excited at the idea of a new director. Your point with 'Empire Strikes Back' is well taken. It will be refreshing to see a new perspective. Spielberg may be more in the shadows this time out, but it's still his project, stem to stern, and I doubt he'll allow it to be exploited into a failure. The departure from John Williams is a good thing simply because we have a new director. If a film is to have a new look it must have a new 'feel'. If you're changing direction, go for broke. As for your 'cheap' cast theory I disagree. Believe me I know what you meant by the comment, I can see your point and your concerns are warranted but I disagree none the less. Tea Leoni is known more for TV roles, But Macy is pretty well known. From what I've heard it also co-stars Michael Geeter (Edward deLecroix of 'The Green Mile'). This is only Geeter's second big film role, though he is a highly accomlished stage actor. If you think about it no one (90% of the film audience) had no clue who anyone in the first cast was, with maybe the exception of Jeff Goldblum. 'The Lost World' was the same. Those two films seem to have 'made' at least six careers. Prior to LW the only thing I recall seeing Pete Postlewaite in was 'Alien 3' and it was a minimal role. To this day Sam Neil seems to prefer the bizarre, creepy characters of horror and sci-fi films. I'm happy, too that the integrity of the dinosaurs has been preserved. Though given the exhaustive effort put into the first two films on this matter I never had a doubt. I do, however, question the "Alpha Raptor" (at least that's what the toy is being labeled as). I don't know about that bright fin/mohawk thingy on his snout. Was there a raptor like that? You clearly know more than I do about dinosaurs. Overall I think it will be one Hell of an addition to the series and I can't wait for July 18th!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]