Hey now...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-tq013.proxy.aol.com on July 04, 2001 at 09:08:11:

In Reply to: Off topic, but I would like to hear the opinions of the group.. posted by Indy Coil on July 04, 2001 at 01:36:54:

I'm excited about Sam Neill being back, because he was great in the first one, but I'm also excited about William H. Macy being in it, because he's a great actor. Woohoo! :)

: Okay, I see increasing promos for Jurassic Park 3. Now, being the avid Dino freak I am, it looks interesting, but a number of my friends have expressed the opposite opinion. I ask you, what do you think it will turn out like. Cases to consider(in no particular order, differencing between good and bad points):

: 1. A "Wtf?" plot. Dr. Grant gets persuaded by some insane miracle to venture anywhere within 100 miles of that damn island he decided "not to endorse".

: 2. Sam Neill is back! A return to the original badass of the first film(Minus Muldoon, 'cause he got his face eaten off, and S.L. Jackson, 'cause all that's left of him is an arm.)

: 3. Spielberg is not directing. This could be good and bad. Spielberg is a wonderful visionary, and he is Exec. Producer(I think?), but he is not in the command seat. Of course, we saw what having a new director did for Empire Strikes Back(not Spielberg, but a good example)and the critics.

: 4. New dino's! And not those gay-ass "hybrids" that were rumored in the early stages! (The Spinosaurus in the previews is a real dino for those who don't know, though the head is inaccurate I believe. That skull shape with the jacked upper jaw is attributed to the Baryonx, not Spinosaurus, but I'll have to check).

: 5. No John Williams soundtrack. The god of cinema music did not grace this movie with his presence for this film, although there are supposedly numerous highlights from the 1st two movies in it, sort of a "Jurassic Park: Who's-his-name Remix".

: 6. Funky other cast members. Tea Leoni? William H. Macy? Both fine actors, but somewhat....well...cheap, if you know what I mean. Did they spend all the budget on getting Sam to do a 3rd installment of the JP series?

: 7. Not based on a Crichton book. In fact, I'm not sure he has much to do with this flick.

: 8. The name. Jurassic Park III. Yeah, that's original, but better than ripping off the title of a book previously written. But they coulda put something on the end of it, and left off the III. But you can't judge a book by it's cover, after all.

: Last, but certainly not least:

: 9. Sam wears an Indy-esque hat!

: Of course, I am a strong believer of "don't judge it 'till you see it", but I just wanted to know what you all thought.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]