Authentic?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.201.103.106 on July 05, 2001 at 13:55:35:

In Reply to: Very cool, but.... posted by Austin Powers on July 05, 2001 at 13:42:13:

: ...what's YOUR gut feeling when seeing the two ribbons on hats side-by-side? Do you really feel that black is the ultimate choice, or do both look equally as authentic?

: Oh and one more thing, damn you for giving me yet ANOTHER fedora to want. But you're right, the PB does leave something to be desired. While it looks better than ANY Indy hat I myself have seen in person, there are still many things I'd personally change in the pursuit of accuracy.

: Ooh, and are your ribbons EXACTLY 1 1/2" wide? My PB has a ribbon that's 1 3/8", and that missing 1/8" really makes it look too narrow.

: Austin Powers

"...dark brown Petersham - almost black." This is the description from Mr. Swales, and I believe the screen shots support it. Though I am partial to the ligher brown on my PB, age and use have darkened it. Likewise, an almost black ribbon on screen - with a little Fuller's Earth and some of the real stuff - will look lighter. Go for the black. On the Keppler hat, it just looks the best - IMHO. If you want it to look a bit lighter, get it dirty!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: