Don't even know if you will read this, BUT....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.29.188.atln.grid.net on July 05, 2001 at 16:30:36:

In Reply to: A Poll for the Gear Junkies concerning Jackets posted by Marhala Bartender on July 03, 2001 at 14:02:27:

I just thought I'd jump in.

I, though I have not seen one of the Expeditions in person, have to agree at this time with you about the Wested having a better LOOK to it. Plus, with this newest leather that Peter is using for the cowhide jackets, I don't think you can go wrong-wanting a jacket to last for a VERY long time-one of the new finish cowhide jackets.

About 4 months ago, I put up some detailed comparison pictures of my new Wested Raiders and my new US Wings Old Cowhide. I like the cowhide for it's durability and look.

Now, that is not to say that there aren't other terrific leathers out there that are just as durable-there certainly are. But your question seemed to be leaning towards the Wested as your choice, so I just want to assure you that the cowhide, in new (not pre-distressed) condition is the BEST way to go!

I will say, though, that from everything I have heard (NOT seen, mind you) that if you have the financial means, the Expedition deserves a look for the Raiders jacket look. The Wested, in my opinion, achieves its most perfect Indy jacket in its Last Crusade offering. I have had a Last Crusade Wested and I currently have a Raiders Wested-I just liked the Last Crusade one better for some reason. However, I did decide to keep the Raiders jacket and get rid of the Last Crusade jacket-it is a long story, though and doesn't reflect on the jackets themselves!

Anyway, I hope I have sufficiently confused you;-) If you have any specific questions, I'll be around!

Later y'all!
Indydawg

: Hey All,

: This isn't so much a poll as it is a chance for me to read up a little on jackets from the fans before I commit myself to purchasing one. All in all, I want to stick with Wested when I purchase a jacket (I am a stickler for details and authenticity sometimes) and I have to go with the Raiders model.

: What my question is- to all of those who own or have owned a Wested, or other brand, Indy jacket- which is your favorite? Material wise and model? I have been hearing about a cowhide Wested and was wondering how this compares to the lambskin in terms of wear and tear and appearance. Also, would it be wiser to have it pre-distressed or not? I do plan on wearing the jacket for several years, giving it plenty of wear and tear, so I want one that will last.

: Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

: Thanks!
: The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: