What's your favorite place in the whole world?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-28-64.snantx.swbell.net on November 13, 1998 at 20:46:31:

Mine's in a little town in Ohio called Millersburg. Get Columbus and Cleveland on a map, draw a line to connect them, find the middle of the line, and that's about where it is. Specificly, my grandparents' house. The property itself is in a valley surrounded by trees and aboutthree miles from the actual town. The yards are each about an acre or two, the house is big and about a hundred years old, but modern inside and cozy and the walls speak of volumes of memories. It's like something out of a postcard. Behind the house runs a creek (called the crick) that gently flows past and sometimes freezes in the winter. On one side of the house is a steep hill that rises about one hundred feet, completely covered with trees, but penetrable. Deer and groundhogs and other wildlife live there. In front of the house are two pine trees as tall as the hill and about 150 years old. I could sing praises about the land all day. I want to live there, have a family there, retire there (though in reality land up there is rather expensive). God, I love it there. If I had a choice, I'd leave it up to Tolkien to appraise it. God, I love it there.

But before I burst in heartache, I'd like to find out what you guys'/gals' favorite spot is.

This is my second questionnaire tonight. Guess I've been bitten by the Curious Bug. Don't ask.

Check six.

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: