Well, first of all....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on July 06, 2001 at 23:44:50:

In Reply to: You downloaded the whole movie? posted by Jay on July 06, 2001 at 20:38:12:

Yes I did. The whole thing. 2 Parts, over 500 megs each (darn non-DIVX encoders). Took about ten minutes. Very nice copy. And I'd gladly do it again. As a matter of fact, if anyone is interested, I'll tell them WHERE to get it, and HOW.

2nd - I'm ALL for it....You might think it's stupid to "...like it just because they took out some Jar Jar parts and took away his lines...." , but I think it's stupid to call someone stupid when, since you haven't even seen it, you have ZERO grounds for your assumptions. They didn't remove his lines...they excised the bits of his lines that were RIDICULOUS and SUPERFLUOUS, thereby tightening up his character an unbelievable amount....and making him - dare I say it - ALOT more likeable to anyone above the age of 5 years.

3rd - I am ALL for alternate versions. I am on the hunt now for a version of this same "Phantom Edit" where ALL of the Gungans' lines are replaced with an "alien" tongue (Read:Language), and subtitles given that creates completely different characters of the Gungan race....Including, I'm told, making a JEDI out of Jar JAr. Go Figure.

Now look, I love Star Wars nearly as much as I love Indy - and that's saying a hell of a lot - but I gotta tell ya...TMP was a big let down for me. I can't even really enjoy it the same guilty way I do the Holiday Special....hehe...this version is so much easier to watch because now I'm really not distracted by my disgust for the Jar Jar character....The chilling backbone of the story is told so SUBTLY that it's lost in the garbage that they excised...I can now LOVE this film!!

Please feel free to comment more...I'd love to discuss this sort of thing, especially relating to the Indy films...but do be carefull that you DO NOT continue to couch verbal barbs in your defense of the subject...

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]