Re: ATTEN: JOHN D

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from 209-162-48-210.thegrid.net on July 07, 2001 at 16:53:41:

In Reply to: ATTEN: JOHN D posted by INDY EBERT on July 06, 2001 at 02:39:41:

: If you would kindly read the bottom of the home page on my site it says all graphics created by rabittooth so why dont you ask him why its there,all i asked him to do is create logos for the items, now as for the tablet rubbings when i post the pics of my rubbings off my tablet then you cant say there yours do you see a pic of your rubbings saying "hey buy this" using your pic of your rubbings as a selling tool that would be false advertisment wouldnt it?
: actually you should be glad it's there because all the rest are pics from the lucasfilm archive book so the next best thing was the pic that is being used for the logo,dont fear when i get my digital images done for the site for all my props then i will be glad to replace it, it is there for now as a refernce to newcomers incase they want to know what a rubbing is.
: Elsa

Hey, no problem. No need to be defensive. Like I said I was not trying to start a flame war, just making a point. The point is that all of our replicas are copies of someones work, whether its ILM, or whatever. I had not said anything until the "code of ethics" post. Just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Also, I had read that all the images were done by Rabittooth, but I think that all Indy prop collectors know that there are few official pictures of the rubbing, and can tell when its not a Lucasfilm pic. Have you looked at your own site? If not, then I can understand. I was not trying to claim that you were selling my rubbings, just that you used a pic of mine.

That being said I was flattered that you thought the pic was good enough. It's worked great to sell my rubbings.

But again, no problem. Feel free to leave it up there.

Thanks,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: