I HOPE this is BS

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupHH246.mpls.uswest.net on July 08, 2001 at 01:29:10:

In Reply to: Cthulhu (kuh-THOO-loo), according.... posted by Austin Powers on July 08, 2001 at 01:18:46:

I did a quick search for "Cthulhu" and this's what I found. It doesn't look promising, and sounds more like a 'Dungeons&Dragons' premise than an Indy film.

Cthulhu is a large green being which resembles a human with the head of a squid, huge bat-wings, and long talons (true, that
doesn't really resemble a human, but bear with me here). According to H. P. Lovecraft's story "The Call of Cthulhu", Cthulhu
rests in a tomb in the city of R'lyeh, which sank beneath the Pacific Ocean aeons ago. Cthulhu is dead but not truly dead, as he
and his fellow inhabitants of R'lyeh sleep the aeons away. (Cthulhu is generally thought of as a "he" for some reason.) From time
to time R'lyeh comes to the surface, and Cthulhu's dreams influence sensitive individuals across the globe to depict his image,
slay, and found cults dedicated to him. In the past, R'lyeh has sunk after a short time, but the day will soon come when it rises to
the surface permanently and great Cthulhu strides across a world thrown into chaos and anarchy from his telepathic sendings.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]