My Lambskin Stance

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupAA136.mpls.uswest.net on July 09, 2001 at 15:52:56:

In Reply to: Wested Lambskin posted by Indiana Pete on July 09, 2001 at 15:26:35:

Personally, I don't buy into the "weak lambskin" theory. I mean let's face it, 99.9% of the fans that frequent this board will NEVER do anything Indyesque in their gear, so an "indestructible" leather isn't really a neccessity.

I own 3 Indy jackets, one Cooper, one Wested, and one Flight Suits. The Cooper stays in the closet, due to a lame design, and the Wested has all but been retired since I purchased the FS. Besides the design flaws in the Cooper, its heavy cowhide is only practical in the fall/winter, and doesn't resemble Indy's jacket colorwise or drapewise. My Wested, although very dark in color, is made out a lambskin that looks enough like Indy's, and seems plenty strong to me. I beat that jacket to death, yet it still looks brand-spankin' new, no tears or rips.

My FS lambskin seems just as strong as Wested's, yet I haven't put it through much yet. Look-wise I like the lambskin a lot, it's the right thickness and it's not too damn heavy to be worn in the spring. I've even worn my Wested in summer months, late into July and August evenings. I doubt I'd have been comfortable doing this in my cowhide Cooper.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]