Re: Wested Lambskin

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 09, 2001 at 15:57:48:

In Reply to: Wested Lambskin posted by Indiana Pete on July 09, 2001 at 15:26:35:

I think it's dictated by any particular supply of leather that they're made from. My daughter's lambskin is distressing nicely, has been through heck, and like Austin Powers, seems tough as nails. Yet, another one that passed through my hands recently seemed to snag on just about anything that got near it, the leather was VERY easily torn or marked, and didn't compare at all to the older lambskin version. Of the 4 I've handled to date, one has been like Austins', the other 3 have been in the "easy to damage" category, so based on a 3 to 1 ratio, I'm not impressed with the lambskin. Now the current batch that's coming out could be as tough as goatskin. Who knows!? It seems to be all over the scope. Regards. Michaelson

: OK I was going to wait for the IndyGear forum to post this, but I can't. After reading so many posts regarding the Lambskin jackets not being so durable (about as durable as wet toilet tissue). I can understand that the Cowhide version may be more durable, but less practical (in the sense that you would absolutely roast in a "warmer" environment). I know it depends on each persons preference, but I guess I'm looking for someone's comments on how they have enjoyed their Wested Lambskin and how durable it has been for them (you too Patterson, if you have had one :-).
: As I am awaiting my Wested Lambskin LC jacket feel free to lie to me regarding any of the above :-)

: Thanks,
: Indiana Pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: