They're just not that great, though once in a while I'll watch Daredevils and Phantom Train.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 209.78.195.149 on July 09, 2001 at 18:04:43:

In Reply to: The Young Indys posted by Austin Powers on July 09, 2001 at 13:15:28:

: I watched 3 of the 4 'Young Indy' movies that aired on the Sci-Fi Channel yesterday, and I gotta tell ya, I agree with MK and Fedora. I TRIED to get into these movies, I TRIED to accept Flannery as Indiana Jones, I TRIED to look past the blatant lack of action, but in the end I regretted watching them.

: There's just an odd, tainted feel to these films. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just sorta like a cloud that hangs over them or some kinda wet blanket that just smothers them.

: I caught 'The Trenches of Hell' first, and not once throughout that whole movie did anyone(besides maybe Remy) call Indy Indy. At no point throughout the whole 2 hours did I say to myself, "Yeah, this is an Indy flick". It felt more like a cross between 'The Thin Red Line' and 'The Great Escape'. And of the 3 movies I caught Indy didn't wear his fedora in any of them.

: Of all the stuff that I can't stomach in the 'Young Indy' movies, the most annoying by far is that Remy character. All he does is bitch and whine and say perverted stuff about all the "beautiful ladies" he wants to nail. That dude just bugs me.

: I did, however, enjoy 'The Phantom Train of Doom', SOMEWHAT. Seeing Belloq again was kinda cool, although his accent seemed quite fake and so did his goattee. This flick had more of a slapstick feel, which is really stretched to the limit with a certain tight-rope trick. This one had way more action than the other 2 I saw, and I liked the fact that they finally got away from the war and visited SOME Indyesque places. One thing, if I were Indy the first thing I'd have jetisoned outta the balloon would've been that whinin' SOB, Remy.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]