Indy themed pranks...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 209.78.195.149 on July 09, 2001 at 20:14:28:

This happened a while ago, but I forgot to post it last january. One of our Fraternity events is a theme night called battlestations, where everybody decorates their room and creates a theme based on a movie (the pledges go from room and room and drink).
I took the downstairs area and turned it into an Indiana Jones set. I used my mist maker to create mist on our bar countertop, I turned off the lights and used a strobe to make the mist and three glasses (filled with vodka) I put on the bar top glow. I strung fake cobwebs and put rocks all over the place.

Then a guy at the top of the stairs had the pledges put on my indy jacket and hat, and a pair of headphones that blared the Indy march. They went down the stairs, to the indy music, carrying a old fashioned lamp (the kind with the wick inside, square and made of glass), and had to cross the room to get to the bar with the three glasses. A small, old looking parchment near by (thank god for indy script on word) said to choose wisely, for to drink from the wrong cup would anger the gods.

One cup is a stone grail I bought from an African antique store, one was a hollowed out coconut, and one was a big tall yellow mixer that I had bought at a Jimmy Buffett concert. There is no right glass.

After they drink myself and another fairly large brother come bursting out from behind the bar. I had a machete, he had spear with one of those semi automatic dart guns. We had on pants and war paint, and screamed mock native chants, chasing the pledges back to the stairs.

At this point someone behind the pledge (the pledge can't hear this cause of the headphones) has set a large mound of toilet paper on fire. The pledge must hurdle this, and then try to get up the stairs, but everyone is rolling empty trash cans at him!

All the pledges were told to wear pants, or they would have gotten burned, and watching them dodge us and the trash cans was hysterical.

They all said it was way intense, and the coolest thing they had seen in years.

California Mike.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]