Faith No More rocks Dude! dude.... (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ekgr-dsl2-41.citlink.net on July 10, 2001 at 04:15:54:

In Reply to: It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then, it's just hilarious (nm) posted by Shawnkara on July 10, 2001 at 03:43:41:

: :
: : This happened a while ago, but I forgot to post it last january. One of our Fraternity events is a theme night called battlestations, where everybody decorates their room and creates a theme based on a movie (the pledges go from room and room and drink).
: : I took the downstairs area and turned it into an Indiana Jones set. I used my mist maker to create mist on our bar countertop, I turned off the lights and used a strobe to make the mist and three glasses (filled with vodka) I put on the bar top glow. I strung fake cobwebs and put rocks all over the place.

: : Then a guy at the top of the stairs had the pledges put on my indy jacket and hat, and a pair of headphones that blared the Indy march. They went down the stairs, to the indy music, carrying a old fashioned lamp (the kind with the wick inside, square and made of glass), and had to cross the room to get to the bar with the three glasses. A small, old looking parchment near by (thank god for indy script on word) said to choose wisely, for to drink from the wrong cup would anger the gods.

: : One cup is a stone grail I bought from an African antique store, one was a hollowed out coconut, and one was a big tall yellow mixer that I had bought at a Jimmy Buffett concert. There is no right glass.

: : After they drink myself and another fairly large brother come bursting out from behind the bar. I had a machete, he had spear with one of those semi automatic dart guns. We had on pants and war paint, and screamed mock native chants, chasing the pledges back to the stairs.

: : At this point someone behind the pledge (the pledge can't hear this cause of the headphones) has set a large mound of toilet paper on fire. The pledge must hurdle this, and then try to get up the stairs, but everyone is rolling empty trash cans at him!

: : All the pledges were told to wear pants, or they would have gotten burned, and watching them dodge us and the trash cans was hysterical.

: : They all said it was way intense, and the coolest thing they had seen in years.

: : California Mike.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]