Rest assured...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 10, 2001 at 11:54:57:

In Reply to: Wested Lambskin posted by Indiana Pete on July 09, 2001 at 15:26:35:

You will love your jacket - I have no doubt about that. The lambskin is less durable - but we are talking about on a comparative basis to other leathers. I'm not saying lambskin is as durable as toilet paper. There are many out there who have had their Wested lambskin for a long time - I've personally seen some as old as 17 years old that looked terrific. The comments about lambskin have to do with the fact that it is really a fashion leather. If it is subjected to some kind of trauma, it will give up the ghost! But the fact of the matter is, very few of us actually ever run into that much-talked-about-but-rarely-seen nail head that shreds our prized Wested. For me, I guess the caveat has always been there because I don't want somebody to come back and blame me for not telling them this might happen. Also, I have truly come to believe that the ultimate leather to make any rugged jacket from is goatskin. Granted, kangaroo has promise, but until somebody comes up with a better way of applying pigment, and of providing for a reliable source over time, this will remain an exotic oddity.

Enjoy your Wested! If you're anything like me, it will not be your last jacket.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: