Re: Was Indy real, sort of?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by belloq from spider-wd051.proxy.aol.com on November 14, 1998 at 10:58:13:

In Reply to: Re: Was Indy real, sort of? posted by Laurie Jensen on November 13, 1998 at 23:02:17:

: : : I once read that Indiana Jones was based on a real-life archaeologist (sp?). Forgot his name. He didn't have a whip or anything, but his went on adventurous excursions to find artifacts and so forth. Any truth to this?

: : : Check six.

: : : -Mithrandir-

: : I have never heard of anything like that; I'm intrigued. If you find out anything more about this, be sure to post it.

: Guys go to Josh Maley's fine Indy page for the "real" Indy. Click the link to the main page and head for the bottom section about the character of Indiana Jones.

: Here's the url http://www.magna.com.au/~jcmaley/

: Maley's page has the story of the origins of some of the plot devices of Indiana Jones, but supposedly there is another hardcore explorer on which the character is also based. Although I cannot recall his full name and title, I believe it was Andrews and he worked as the leader of "Asiatic" exploration for the Museum of Natural History in New York City during the early 1920's. Email me if you want the full name and website- I cannot find it at the moment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]