Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.201.103.106 on July 11, 2001 at 15:16:31:

In Reply to: As good a time as any? posted by Goodsport on July 11, 2001 at 15:03:41:

: : Funny thing is, I used to work for Wizards of the Coast - you'd think I would have come across it if it were an RPG?

:
:       Have you heard whether or not Wizards of the Coast has picked up the rights to do an Indiana Jones RPG like they did with Star Wars (I know that West End Games used to have the license for both franchises)? And if so, will they actually make the game?

:       There are reportedly at least two Pulp-era supplements coming out soon for WotC's d20 System, and Steve Jackson Games is coming out with GURPS Cliffhangers, Second Edition later this year. It seems just as good a time as any to capitalize on the Pulp-era RPG comeback (and the recent Pulp-era comeback in movies as well) by releasing an RPG based on the biggest Pulp-era hero of them all. ;)

:
: -G

They did have an Indy-based RPG that did not do well back around ToD, I believe. Actually, it was around the time we were negotiating the deal on the SW RPG that I took advantage of the situation to ask the Lucasfilm people about the IP stuff mentioned below with respect to gear sites and all.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: