Re: Eastman vs. Flightsuits...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 80 year old Blimpy from h00105a084fdc.ne.mediaone.net on July 11, 2001 at 23:29:42:

In Reply to: Re: Eastman vs. Flightsuits... posted by 80 year old Blimpy on June 23, 2001 at 01:33:20:

: Looking for an A-2? I've purchased a couple of Eastman's and I admire their craftsmanship and the leathers that they use. I was astonished as to suppleness of their hides but later discovered that they were guilty of a little deception. One of their hides they called "mustang" turned out to be steer. I have strong suspicions that the other one I have by Eastman, a Star A-2 is also steer. Nonetheless great jackets. The complaint about Eastman has always been their blousy fit. They are not military trim. Just recently Gary has stated that they have revamped their patterns....

: Personally Lost Worlds has a great A-2 if you like seal brown goatskin or a dark russet horse. These jackets are cut military trim--sorta like motorcycle jackets which is one of their specialties. I liked their goatskin so much I ordered a deerskin leather A-2. Fabulous! Quite a bit heavier than the Flightsuits deerskin or goat, yet more supple.

: Lastly check out Aeroleatherclothing.com, they also have some nice A-2's. They have a variety of leathers. I have a jacket from them made from "buffalo," (water buffalo) that has a great heft to it and beautiful heavy grain.

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]