Does mythology count?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Katanga from user-2ive941.dialup.mindspring.com on July 12, 2001 at 15:18:58:

In Reply to: Archeology question posted by Indiana Dog on July 12, 2001 at 15:05:16:

Are you looking for real things, or fake things? I was initially thinking of something like the Hammer of Thor, but if you pick up a copy of Homer's Odyssey (sp?), most of the suff in that is historically accurate. What about revisiting the Golden Fleece? Try giving us a little something more to constrain the search. Are you looking for weapons, or other artifacts? What part of the world?

I've heard that the Rifle Butt of Joe is a close approximation of the Hammer of Thor, but I guess you know that.

Can anyone help me out with a web site or thier own knowledge of some mysteries of archeology? Biblical things seem to be the best but I'm looking for something smaller than a city or Noah's Ark (I've heard that someone did a movie on the Ark of the Covenant) Anything mysterious, something that has been looked for for a long time.
: Hope the question makes sense. I was hit in the head with the butt of a rifle yesterday and suffered a decent concussion. (Not trouble with the police, was filming a scene)
: If this does make any sense and someone can help, Thank-you in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]