Re: Positions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on November 14, 1998 at 22:15:25:

In Reply to: That depends... posted by Mithrandir on November 14, 1998 at 15:55:18:

: ...on what mood my coach is in. As of late, I've played everything except keeper. I'm rather large for my age (6'2", 180 lbs, 16 yrs), so if the forwards aren't doing so well, I get put up front to provide muscle and speed. Need to work on shooting though. I usually play right or left fullback, but I can play sweeper, stopper, or outside mid as well. I have "the heart of a lion", according to my coach, who is from England BTW. Karl Moore. Anyway, on a scale of 1-5, 1 lowset, 5 highest, my team is a 4. Right now I'm trying out for varsity at my High School, which is almost a shoe-in because I'm the only varsity defender from last year. What position do you play, sir? And where are you based, might I inquire?

: Check six. (a lot of people lately have been asking me what this means; do you :-))

: -Mithrandir-

: I usually play right mid, although sometimes I'll get bumped up to a wing because I've "got wheels", as they say. I'm based in Seoul, a city of 14 million people and true soccer fanatics. They're having the World Cup here in 2002 and getting ready for that.

Yes, I know what "check six" means. Although that's a pilot's phrase, we "ground pounders" sometimes use it out in the field amongst ourselves. I'm surprised Caiden didn't use the phrase in "The Sky Pirates". That God-awful story was more about aviation than any Indy Jones adventure. I can't believe I wasted the time to read that book. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]