This might help....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.14.16.atln.grid.net on July 14, 2001 at 11:33:00:

In Reply to: Again, does anyone have the slightest idea what the specs would be for the ToD fedora in the village scene?(nm) posted by Yurik on July 14, 2001 at 09:59:59:

My custom PB is a TOD style, but I sent him pics of the bridge scene for the styling of the crown and brim.

More important than having specs from the hat is figuring out what fits your head proportionally. For instance, the specs from the Raiders hat just look ridiculously tall on my size 6 7/8-7 head. Plus, I'm not all that tall either, so I really can't have a hat with the exact specs from the Raiders movie hat. See what I'm saying? It is more important for you to actually measure your head, call Joe Jr., give HIM the measurement and then tell him what scene from what movie you want the hat to look like and then he will figure out what the dimensions of the hat need to be from that. Sending him pictures from the particular scene you want help out alot. That is exactly how I did it and I couldn't be happier. I ended up with a hat that looks like I grabbed it right off the screen from the bridge scene during TOD. He sized my hat dead between 6 7/8 and a 7, and I ended up with a crown that is almost 5" at the sides and 4 3/4" in the front at the pinch and a brim that is about 2 1/2" on the sides and 2 3/4" in the front and back. Those are the dimensions that work on MY head for the look I wanted. That is the beuty of getting a custom hat-you get the hat designed exactly to what will fit your head AND achieve the look you want.

Take the measurements of your head (go to the hatsdirect website for instructions on how to measure your head), then call Joe Jr and let him take care of the rest. He is a great guy, loads of fun to talk to, and one of the biggest Indy fans I know of to boot! He truly enjoys what he does and it shows-you won't be disappointed!

Hope this helped some, Yurik-let me know if I can do anything else!
Later!
Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: