Re: Wested Jacket: Need help from Gearheads please!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wm062.proxy.aol.com on July 14, 2001 at 16:23:39:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket: Need help from Gearheads please! posted by Marhala Bartender on July 14, 2001 at 14:13:59:

: My wife will finally let me take the plunge and purchase a Wested, but first off, I need some help from all you veterans. I was going to go with the Hide jacket with the satin lining- Raiders style. I need to know about the specifics that I see everyone always discussing in here so often like the special modifications that I should ask for. I want my jacket to be as close to the Raiders one as possible, so what things must I request from Wested during my order.

: I appreciate your help.

: The Barkeep.

From what I've seen and heard about Wested's modified design, no special requests are required. The pleats have been deepened, the straps are fixed to the outside od the rear panel as they should be and the leather facings on the collar and zipper are now standard. I would advise against the satin lining, though. Satin does not breath, limiting the wear of the jacket mainly to cold weather. You may want to go with cotton in the body and satin in the sleeves, as the cotton tens to 'grab' shirt sleeves when you put it on. As the jacket has a tailored fit the sleeves are not as baggy as most are used to. Hope this helps!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]