You are correct, Michaelson. I had a similar experience climbing a chain-link fence... (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thefumegator from Edialup210.slkc.uswest.net on July 14, 2001 at 19:33:25:

In Reply to: No, it isn't impossible posted by Michaelson on July 13, 2001 at 14:01:58:

: : First of all, the bag is concealed underneath his jacket. Second, the end of the cannon barrel was splintered from the explosion resulting from Indy jamming the rock in it. His bag strap simply couldn't have gotten itself caught on it. Then, all of a sudden, his bag strap is mysteriously freed from the cannon. THAT is what has always bothered ME.

: I've written this before, but I had it happen to me once when I had a portable Umatic videotape recorder on me while videotaping a training tape, and had to climb over a wall to do a "pick up" shot. I sat my camera down (fortunately) put a coat on over the VCR strap, and it was now on me like Indy wears his bag. I lowered myself over the edge of the wall, but unfortunately hadn't seen the piece of rebar that stuck out of the wall below my line of sight. The next thing I knew, I was hanging by the strap on the rebar about 3 feet off the ground (as Indy did on the barrel of the cannon). Since I was by myself, I had to pull myself BACK up, (as Indy did) to get free. Not a fun experience, and not to be recommended to anyone, but it can, and my case, DID happen. I had the scratches and bad bruises to prove it for a couple of weeks. No, I never tried to replicate that move again! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]