my .2 cents,,,

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danno from 235.indianapolis-24rh16rt.in.dial-access.att.net on July 14, 2001 at 19:57:01:

In Reply to: Many thanks. posted by Marhala Bartender on July 14, 2001 at 18:18:39:

Definetly go for the "satin lining". I have the cotton lining and it grabs my shirts when I want to take it off. Plus when I leave the jacket un-zipped, it tends to grab the shirt and not drape right on me. Dont know if I am saying or explaining that right, well lets just say it doesnt fall losely like I would like it too. IE, I'm sitting down with the jacket on, get up and it tends to stick to my back and chest, meaning I have to straighten it out myself. No big deal, but I tend to wear it for casual/dress occasions alot, and it gets old adjusting it all the time. It also garbs my sleeves when I put it on, so I always tend to have to adjust those also while wearing the jacket, petty minor thing, but worth your consideration.

As for the zipper, I dont know. Mine has the heavy duty nickel zipper and it is just great in that department.

In hind sight, the only thing I would have changed with the jacket itself is the lining, and would have gotten a new jacket as compared to the pre-distressed version. I just like the sheen of the new compared to the old better myself now.

Either way, you will like the jacket, just be prepared to wait. When and if I ever get that tax credit that GW has promised us, I am going to get a B3 Bomber jacket from either Wested or US Wings. The US Wings jacket is $175 more, but I live only about 2 1/2 hrs from there and it would be nice to try it on and walk out with it all in the same day. Plus nothing against Wested at all, but I tend to try and buy things made in the USA since I live, eat and breathe here. Hope that helps any. Danno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]